Monday, September 25, 2006

Sell Talab

Hello-
First of all please forgive me for starting such a controversial topic, but it is absolutely my opinion and I will have no financial gain if the Talab is sold.
We all love nawabbari and will be forever. But with the changes of time, we need to make some drastic measure for our own future. We had enjoyed the past glory and we need to be prepared for the future generation.
From my opinion Talab should be sold. First of all most of us dont live there any longer and by next decade none of us will be living next to the gol talab. We still visit nawabbari, but the frequency is becoming less and less due to the traffic and change in society.
If someone from our family whom we all can trust from the education, honesty and ofcourse some good contacts with the tycoons/ Real Estate Developers, can be assigned to do the transaction and have a very transparent book-keeping, I think all of the DNF will be very much benefited. As a matter of fact, the cost-benefit analysis will greatly favor the benefit of selling it rather than keeping as it is.
Again, the whole idea is based on the fact that the person who will be responsible for this is trust worthy. Who will not take a single penny from this transaction other than the consulting or the effort fees.
From my thinking, this property is worth over 100 crore. We can create a new Nawabbari (smaller version) some where away from dhaka city ..say savar....and have a better quality of life with 1/3 amount of that proceed. Or something like that. We can distribute rest of the money among the members. Also, we can give the DNF member with that money the option to buy flat at that place with say 50% less than the market price.

Tell me what do you think. Please note, someone will take the initiative to sell the talab and keep the proceed. We will be simply "onlookers" who will once again be deceived by some cronies. It is a serious matter. We should get rid of it before Ali Mia's Pookur becomes Haji Salim's Pookur and then Haji Salim Plaza!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

sell talab and moves to savar ? pathetic idea. hope u' aint taking no medication..Sell talab eh

Rumi

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
how about we take the talab and put u in a fish tank instead? how do come up with such preposterous ideas? Even the thought is like committing 'sacriledge'.Please atleast have the courage to write your name as boldly as you have managed to speak your mind.No pun intended!

Anonymous said...

Ramzan ka ahteram ne bandha mere haat
Warna thu Aur Thappar dete saat
Saat

Anonymous said...

I name is Haji Salim- Me know you no like me. Me like all you people Nababbari. Me no bad man . Me am a very good man. me give felat to all you. You give me the talab. me make talab new Market. You get one shop too. I make a park to pey-lay HOKKEY. You pey-lay Kariket too. I buy You Kariket Dress. Me put gareen gerash on to the parak. Me buy a Big Fish Tankie to put fish of the talab. You fish in the Tankie every Jumma . I buy you Ship to fish. I buy good fish put for tankie.
I make new Makhtab on the Market. I teach you Engalish or Angrezi for fee-ree.My baby go to makthab too. Me go to makthab too.

Me like you nababi people. You give me Talab,me make you nabab!
Me no sell Talab Tong/tom/tum. Me send tong to Jadughor. Me say Nababi Tong.

Me buy you big talab in Jinzira. Me make big home for you.
Give me talab only. I give you fish free!
Tank You Bherry Bherry Mush.
Your Belobhed
Hajji Salim
From Poran Dhaka
Long Libh Dhakayya and Kutti

Pelease tell me when You Give me talab. I go to Trust. Trust want money. I say no money. Me No Trust your Trust. Me only trust your trust. You trust me,me trust you. you hate me , me love you. You kill me, me no kill you. You vote me, me vote you. Me you behrahdar and behrahdar. Sell your behrahdar talab, me give you pish.

Anonymous said...

Aslam o alaykum Brothers and Sisters,
This is the Holy Month of Ramadhan. Ramadhan Mubarak to everyone.
The Messenger of Allah said, 'whoever fasts a day in the path of Allah, Allah will keep his face at a distance of seventy years from the fire (of Jahannum).'
He also said, 'The sleep of a fasting person is regarded as an act of ibaadah (worship), his remaining silent is regarded as a tasbeeh (glorification), the reward for his good deeds is multiplied, his duas (prayers) are accepted, and his sins are forgiven.'

Please keep one thing in mind, what counts at the end is your intention.

Best regards,
Ali.
Canada.

Anonymous said...

Take it easy guys.

Anonymous said...

Ramzan ka ahteram is very important, please refrain from all back biting.

Anonymous said...

Thank You for your idea. I would like to suggest u please dont give any more ideas to anyone or else u will not exist in this world.Keep your rubbish ideas with you.Now we can proudly say we are Nawabbarians if we sell talab and leave nawabbari then what will u call your self Savarian
I know u are elder then me so please dont say such things for which you will be cursed by people younger and older than u.This is the month of ramzan that is why nawabbarians are quiet other wise u know what would have happen to u.

Anonymous said...

Did we not just over reacted by making a very big issue on someones's opinion. I believe that this poor person had his opinion accrossed with the help of this DNF site and we started to bombard him with indecent dialogue. Take it easy guys.

Anonymous said...

9999999999999999 GUN SALUTES to you. KC aka King of Chaman

Anonymous said...

Dear All-
I am really sorry that I offended some of you, but I am trying to potray something which is more realistic. Savar was simply an example/expression. But, again, I have told you to understand the benefits of selling talab and giving out the proceed to the needy members to have a decent life. Talab is meant very dear to all of us, but again it is better to have a proper use of it. Trust me, it will be gone in ziffy, same way the palace was gone and maktab was gone. Did anyone got anything out of it? I didnt as a member. Did anyone were able to stop them selling (Dont tell me you didnt want the share of profits from CHINA MARKET! some millions taka) So how do you think that Talab is going to last for the next centuries?
By the way, the reason I dont want to reveal my name is not that I am afraid of you! But afraid of people who are already in the process of moving with their MASTER PLAN :-) Trust me they are powerful enough to close your or mine big mouth :-)
So good luck and say an early farewell to talab!
Your wellwisher

Anonymous said...

Selling of the Gol Talab is a good idea since none of us live nearby and the proceeds from the sale will benefit a lot of the family members who are facing hard times, the money would be very useful to them. But the biggest setback in selling the Gol Talab is that it is Ajmali property (which means)that out of 16 annas, nine sharers own 10 annas and 6 annas is owned by the Proja Party. Furthermore if all agree to the sale the proceeds from the sale will have to be distributed according to the amount of share one is entitled to. Then there is big brother The Court of Wards, I think the idea will not materialise, sorry for being so pessimistic but it is a fact.