Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Khawja Nazimuddin Illegal Removal and Begining of Disintegration of Pakistan

By: Iftekhar Hassan

Khawja Nazimuddin illegal removal by Punjabi Governor General Ghulam Muhammad, was the begining of disintegration of Pakistan, may or may not be agreed by most political scientist. However, research led me to believe that it was indeed the begining of the disintegration of Pakistan. Governor General Gulam Mohammad's action was indeed, undemocratic and objectionable because the Prime Minister Khawja Nazimuddin enjoyed the confidence of the majority of the people of Pakistan and the Parliament.

This single act set an unhealthy tradition of undemocratic Pakistan and was the precedent for the future Presidents of Pakistan who were fond of removing elected governments. ( this fashion continued til this day)Not only this created continued instability in than, whole of Pakistan, in terms of foriming a solid democratic institution to support democracy, but also, this was the begining of military intervention in the affairs of civil rule, which made Pakistan a failed state, as it is today.

I must also point out that, Khawaja Nazimuddin's forced downfall was not only due to his peace loving nature, but power struggle amongst the various power hungry Pakistani leaders of that time. Situation created by than, movement for Tahaffuz-i-Khatam-i-Nabuwat and so-called food riot condition in Punjab was shown as failure of Khawaja Nazimuddin administration was nothing, but a hoax.

Khawaja Nazimuddin was called in by the Governor General and ordered to resign. Khawaja Nazimuddin declined but was dismissed by Malik Ghulam Muhammad on April 17, 1953. After removing Khawaja Nazimuddin, the Governor General appointed Muhammad Ali Bogra who himself was in those days was a thier tier political novice, as the Prime Minister of Pakistan.

We must not forget that the most important work to finish the rule of law book known as second draft of the constitution of Pakistan was written under Prime Minister Khawaja Nazimuddin and was presented to the Constituent Assembly on December 22, 1952.

It is true that the The Basic Principles Committee's report was severely criticized and bitterness grew between East and West Pakistan. However, Prime Minister, Khawaja Nazimuddin, welcomed the report as a valuable document according to the aspirations of the people of Pakistan. But the fact was that the nation was not satisfied with the report and this was also the begining of the problem of making of the constitution of Pakistan.

Respectfully Submitted

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

well! it's funny how much nawabbarians know about nawab history and bout their deeds :)

good job iftekhar...

Anonymous said...

I thought ifthekhar is from kumilla. He is not from nawab-bari..right ?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anonymous,

Yes my father is from Hajigong, Comillah and my mother is from nawab bari. That is the reason I dont use (Khawja) name. Because, I am proud of my father side of the family equally as I am proud of my mother side of the family.

I was born in nawabbari. The house I was born and my other 6 brothers and sisters were born was own by Khawja Nazimuddin in (some called it "CHHAMAN" and some used to call it ANDERMAHAL)12/1 Ahsanullah Road. Khawja Nazimuddin was my mother's uncle and I think it was him who took responsibility of raising my mother, my khala Salma and my Mamu Khawja Abdul Qader (ASAD.) Because, my real NANA Khawja Abdul Ahad passed away when my mother was only 7 years old.

I know the real Khawjas came from Kashmir and Syed Khawajas came and integrated into DNF from Bhagalpur, Dharbhanga, Chapra and Munger of Bihar region.

Than there are only "SYED" in DNF. They are not related to DNF either from mother or father's side. They integrated into DNF after making some old BAY+RAH+DHAR's of DNF their MURIDAN.

But they claim they are DNF members. I guess you can call it melting pot now.

LOL and Respectfully Submitted

Iftekhar Hassan

Anonymous said...

With due respect to Anonymouse writer who informed that " I thought ifthekhar is from kumilla. He is not from nawab-bari..right ? "

I would request dear anonmouse please have enough guts to disclose your identity who you are?before pointing fingers at others, on their family link with Dhaka Nawab Family - Note A link from mother side is also a member of Dhaka Nawab Family, otherwise you will find there are only 25% who are from Father side. I again ask you kindly disclose your name and to all Anonoymouse logger please do identify yourself, so that we know with whom we are arguing with.

Khawaja Saifullah
Son of Late Nawabzada Khawaja Hafizullah

Anonymous said...

2006 guns salute to all Nawab Bari & Comilla basi.
Question to anonymous- If Ikthekar is from "kumilla" -(spelled wrong on your posting), are you from No man's Land?
Think positive and write constructive.If you can't -do me a favor,
Please go to Birth register burueau at Dacca Municapility and spend time looking for your real name (anonymous).

Anonymous said...

iftekhar nana i was just thinking whos this person well im from nawab bari and im relly thankful to u for the comment on my post hope to see all ur brother and sister to log on to this site and i got some pic for u if u can add me to ur msn massenger ill send those pic to u i got the pic of im ran nana and the kabar of zaban nano so add me my id is talhatalha999@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much my dear sweet talhata. My email is hnhtex99@yahoo.com.

I shall be very greatfull if you kindly sent my mother's grave pictures at the above email.

Love Always

Your

Iftekhar Hassan

Anonymous said...

SAIFULLAH, NAAM ME KA RAKHA HAI, KAAM KA BAAT KARO.

Anonymous said...

Kya tamasha ho ra hai BAY+RAH+DHARs

Aadat se majhbur hai hamlug. Nawabi gaya, ahsanmanzil gaya, talab jane wala hai....khaslat jaha ka waha hai...
Kya baat hai!
By the way,
Dont hear anymore from
Mr. Wasim
Mr. Rehan
Mr. Khelafat
Please contribute.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous who said...
SAIFULLAH, NAAM ME KA RAKHA HAI, KAAM KA BAAT KARO.

- Naam is an identification and from which we know with whom we are talking or arguing with but with proper respect if he is a senior person or with proper softness if he is a junior person.

I am sure that your parents must have given you a very beautiful name, why don't you want to expose your name ? Are you ashamed of your name? so, for that reason you do not want to disclose your name?

And as for the Phrase NAAM ME KA RAKHA HAI, KAAM KA BAAT KARO. I think with a stranger there is nothing to talk about, I want to talk to my Family member and blood connection with whom I can share my views, my thinking, my happiness and my sorrow.

Therefore, dear respectful Anonymous please have enough courage to disclose your name so that we can show our proper respect to you.

With best regards.

Khawaja Saifullah
Son of Late Nawabzada Khawaja Hafizullah

Anonymous said...

Greeting to all Nowab family members. I am Kayum and I am not directly related to Nowab family of Dhaka, Bangladesh. But I am related to Kazi Qader and his wife Mrs. Kaneez.

Mr. Iftekar's article about Khawja Nazimuddin is brilliant. However, I see he did not mentioned about Khaja Nazimuddin's love affairs with extremist such as Moadudi, daulatana and his support for Madrasa education. Mybe, in those days leaders of Pakistan only knew about madrasa education and had no respect for modern education.

Anyway, this site is interesting and we need to forget about past and must remember of the contribution of other nowab family members like Ahsanullah and Salimillah toward modern education.

There always exist two side of the story.

Mr. Iftekar writes very good.

warm regards

Kayum


Your artic

Anonymous said...

55555555 Gun salutes to you, Kayum