Wednesday, November 08, 2006

1st visit in 10 years

As salaamu'alaikum warahmatullah!

I just came across this site after a google search, I have to say it very well put together with a nice professional look.

I recently returned home after a week long trip to Dhaka. Its been 10 years since I was last there. My main reason for travel was to visit my grandmother who is in weak health and to give her a chance to meet my wife and kids. Alhamdulillah, that was accomplished.

Alot of things have changed and alot of things have stayed the same. Since I was born in London and have since been living in Saudi Arabia, I haven't actually experienced day-to-day life in Dhaka. It was my first time taking my wife and 2 little kids to see some my family's heritage. Unfortunately, I don't know much about it, but inshaAllah that'll change.

It was very strange visiting the Ahsan Manzil as I really can't remember the surrounding area, but I do remember human traffic and congestion being a major problem. How do the people living there deal with it? I wasn't aware of the depths of history that our family actually holds.

It was a nice experience, it gave me a sense of belonging and rejuvenated my interest in my family heritage and background.

May Allah bless you with health and strong Eemaan.

Wasalaamu'alaikum,
-Abu Omar Nadim Khawja (Taif, Saudi Arabia)

1 comment:

Dhaka Nawab Family - Official Blog said...

Please email us your contact information so that we can add it on the Get Connected section.

- DNF Website Team